23 May 2010

scent of a rose.

I'm looking at a beautiful white rose that my mother cut from our garden. She had put it in a vase and delivered it to me in my room along with a glass of guava juice as I was awakening this morning. Now, it's afternoon and my room is filled with its scent. And such an amazing scent too. I don't think I could really do justice to this particular rose's beauty, so I'll cheat and show you a picture.


This particular rose has got me thinking about influence. Our lives say something. Even if we aren't public figures or celebrities (which I don't quite see the attraction of), we emanate something of ourselves onto the people we encounter in our everyday lives. I hope that others will smell the sweet scent of God's goodness and blessing on my life. That my love for him is by no means religion, but an eager and willing choice to surrender who I am and become more like Him. That is the most beautiful form of influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment