13 May 2010

autumn loveliness.

Summer is well and truely over and I've been dreading the change of season. I've been wanting to keep the refreshing summer breezes and the long hours of extra sunlight the summer months afford us. Those few additional hours of sunshine give time at the end of the day to enjoy a walk after dinner or an outing to the beach...but no longer. Now it gets dark before six. But with the change of season, come other pleasures to enjoy. Winter means hats and gloves, scarves, boots, hot tea, a warm and cosy house to walk into while the weather sometimes rages angrily outside, and best of all - staying in bed with a book on a saturday morning! But now I'm jumping ahead of myself because we're not quite into the thick of winter just yet. Autumn really is one of my favourite seasons. The weather is mild and nature treats us to a display of splendor that rivals even the loveliest, sunshiniest summer. This week I've been enjoying the autumny beauty that's on show in Christchurch. Although pictures never do justice to the real thing, hopefully these give you an idea of what I'm on about!

No comments:

Post a Comment