01 July 2010

chocolate cake goodness.

Last week we celebrated my dad's birthday. Unfortunately, he had to work in the morning and I had to work from three in the afternoon till late. Not ideal when it's a Saturday and a family birthday. It made for a very uneventful birthday for my poor dad. I didn't even have a chance to make him a cake. So yesterday, since I had finished my last exam the day before, I had time to whip out the baking things and make him a cake. A chocolate cake. His favourite! Just a warning though, this is a secret family recipe, so no matter how good it looks, I can't divulge it to anyone!! But don't let it stop you from doing your own version! Happy Baking :)

The batter starts off with hot water, cocoa, egg yolks, sugar, oil & vanilla essence.

Next, flour and baking powder are sifted into the batter with a tiny bit of salt.

The egg whites are beaten then folded into the batter.

Ready to go into the oven.

The final product.

Hmmm...yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment