08 July 2010

moving furniture.

I'm going to sleep well tonight.

I know that because I always sleep well when my bedroom has not a thing out of place. Tonight is such a night. Every few months or so, I feel an unbelievable urge to change things. And usually in doing so, I organise everything there is to be organised, tidied and rearranged in my bedroom. Since I still live under my parents roof, I feel like my bedroom is the only room in the house in which I have complete and total power. I can decide how the furniture should be arranged, how the books are sorted, what stays and what goes in the sorting out process etc. And in saying that, moving things around is the best way I know for me to keep on top of all the useless junk I keep.

At the end of my evening I have successfully rearranged all the existing furniture (bed, chest of drawers, bookshelf, small table, chair) to a new spot as well as the addition of my desk, at which I am now writing. It was in the kitchen previously and I decided that it was time for it to come back into my own space again.

So, now that I have a lovely, organised room I feel like I've tidied up my brain too. The environment in which it now lives is ordered, comfortable, spacious and most importantly, cosy. It helps all the scatter-brain thoughts in my head somehow feel more organised and cohesive.

P.S. I don't know why, it's purely coincidence I promise, but I seem to post on Thursdays a lot...weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment