20 June 2010

night lights - part one.

I've been thinking for awhile that I'd like to do a photo series on some of the night shots I have. I find lights the most intriguing thing at night because my camera can't really focus long enough to freeze the image. So, my photos taken at night have all got a really cool, funky, creative feel to them. So here goes...

These were taken about a year and a half ago on a trip to South Africa, a place where I was born and also where most of my extended family still live. Myself, my mum, my aunt and my cousin had road-tripped from Johannesburg down to the lovely (although extremely hot and muggy) city of Port Elizabeth. I happened to spend my younger days growing up in this city and our trip brought back many happy memories. We decided to make a visit one evening to the waterfront and pier that the city was so well-known for.

Enjoy!



The great South African institution that is the Wimpy! I can't tell you
how much I love this place. Waffles, ice cream, coffee, burgers...hmm.
And the one and only creme-sode float, which is a delicious green
(I know that sounds weird, but trust me, it's good) soda with generous
scoops of ice cream served in a tall glass.

Happy Valley - it's a happy place.

Under the sea (a disney song jumps into my head!)

The pier

Having fun with our shadows being cast on the sandy beach

And just across the road from the beach, this lovely place

No comments:

Post a Comment