05 January 2011

the bible and the reading thereof


My church is doing this wonderful thing of reading through the bible together this year . As in, the whole church. Everyone.

I've got a confession to make. I haven't started. Not that I haven't been reading my bible at all, I just haven't started using the reading plan. To be honest, I didn't want to start all over again at Genesis when I've read right through it five times after five failed attemts at reading through the bible. I just didn't want to do that again. Every time I slip up and stumble and miss a day (or a few more) I give up. Because the task seems too much, too hard, too long. But why should it be a task? Reading the bible should be a pleasure. Right?

So, I had been debating whether to just pick up from where I had left off in 2 Chronicles and continue from there or do the by-the-book reading plan the church is doing. Until I found this...


I knew at the very moment I opened the pdf file that this was it. It's flexible, with room to change things around and read different passages while still getting through everything. And the best part is, I'm excited about it!

If you'd like a copy too...here you go :-)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! I love the flexibility it encourages that whenever you read it, you read it, without having to feel like it *must* get done a certain date. I agree with that 100%!

    ReplyDelete