14 April 2010

where the heart is.

Home. Is such a nice place to be. There is no place on earth like it. I never realise how much I love being home than when I return from being away. Just recently, I came home after being away for a little more than a month. As much as I love being away, exploring other places and pursuing things in life that enrich my experiences of the world and myself as a person, I love that feeling of getting home. It's a beautiful feeling. It all starts the day before (or maybe a few days before;) I leave. The anticipation of travelling back is just lovely. It's not a feeling of wanting to be home now, but rather the lingering knowledge that the comfort and security of home is just around the corner. And then the actual journey itself is one of my favourite parts. It's an adventure without the "fear" of the unknown. I know what home is like, I love what home is like, and the knowledge of its warmth and welcome awaiting my return makes my travel back oh, the more sweet. Upon arrival, I love the feeling of familiarity. It's my very own peice of paradise. A quiet space to get away from the world. A secret place. Just for me and the ones I love best of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment